Understanding how markets work and knowing how to participate in them is critical for long-term wealth creation. But for many students, the prospect of participating in the financial market can feel daunting and inaccessible.
We will use EverFi’s Marketplaces Investing Basics curriculum to learn the basics of investing. It is a digital learning experience that equips students with an understanding of how the market works and the confidence to participate in it. Through an engaging, gamified learning experience, students blend macroeconomic concepts with investing topics to learn how the government, corporations, and individuals come together to participate in the financial marketplace. Students will emerge from the course knowing how investing can have a powerful impact on their lives. In addition, our program will include lessons and activities on cryptocurrencies (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum) and an interactive session on creating and selling/buying NFT (non-fungible token).
Our program includes interactive sessions with guest speakers who are in various finance and investment industries to better expose students to potential career or investment opportunities.
Startup to IPO
Keys to Investing
Cryptocurrency & NFT
What students will learn
WHAT STUDENTS WILL LEARN
- Financial Markets and Exchanges: Students build an understanding of how the global economy and financial markets are connected to all parts of their lives.
- The Economy and the Government: Students analyze how policymakers make decisions to regulate the economy and the impact those choices have on the markets.
- Growing a Company to an IPO: Students assist an entrepreneur in analyzing various financing options and navigating the IPO process.
- Personal Investing: Students evaluate why and how to invest at different life stages and put their knowledge into practice through a gamified simulation.
- Fintech revolution: Students learn newest technologies and trends in finance and investments, in addition to cryptocurrencies and NFT.
- Next Program Dates: December 26-29, 2021 | 10:30am-12pm EST
- Location: Online (via Zoom)
- Session 1: Introduction to finance & investment
- Session 2: Stock market
- Session 3: Cryptocurrency & NFT
- Session 4: Startup to IPO
- Fees: $99 per session (1 free if signing up for all courses)
What are you waiting for?
Time is something one can’t buy. This is one of the most important education that will impact your future! Join our program.
Why is financial literacy so important?
Take a look at some stories and quotes below
The Mona Lana collection includes 500 unique portraits of women created by Lana Denina. Each portrait was generated by code with 112 different traits.
GAIN FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE
Since February, Lana Denina has earned over $300,000 from selling her art as NFTs, or nonfungible tokens, on various platforms. But only a month earlier, she just began learning what they are.
At the time, “I didn’t know anything about blockchain,” the 24-year-old tells CNBC Make It. She started looking into it, and “I was mind blown,” she says. “It was completely revolutionary.”
As a painter, Denina was instantly impressed with the technology and its ability to act as a vehicle for proof of ownership for artists, she says. “Traditional galleries are kind of like the old world,” since there isn’t much diversity, Denina says. “I never felt fully attracted to it, especially as a woman of color.”
Unlike traditional markets for art, NFTs and Web3 allows artists to create their own galleries and set their own prices online, Denina explains. Artists can also earn royalties on secondary sales of their work with NFTs. Denina herself earns 10%.
“I hope to inspire more creatives who look like me to step a foot into tech,” she says.
NYC Mayor-elect Eric Adams urges schools to teach crypto. Nov 8, 2021 (source: Yahoo! Finance)
Other Courses Recommended for You
Check out these other courses
Youth Global Leadership & Social Entrepreneurship
Teen Impact Accelerator’s Youth Global Leadership & Social Entrepreneurship Program is designed to empower teenagers with the skills, mentorship, and opportunities to develop their own social enterprise to address pressing global problems. It is a part-education and part-incubator program focused on launching real-world projects.Learn More
Digital Marketing & Branding with Virtual Internship
Digital Marketing & Branding with Virtual Internship combines a high-level strategic view of digital marketing and its challenges and opportunities, with a tactical approach using exercises and projects to learn and use the tools and techniques of digital marketers to empower HS students to take on a digital marketing and branding virtual intern role.Learn More