In today’s rapidly evolving world, financial literacy, understanding economics, and grasping the essentials of business and investments are not just for adults. Tailored specifically for K-12 students, our online course delves deep into these crucial domains, ensuring our younger generation is well-prepared to navigate the financial landscape confidently and innovatively.
Module 1: Introduction to Financial Literacy
- Topics Covered: Basic money management, understanding savings, and the importance of budgeting.
- Learning Outcome: Students will comprehend the fundamentals of personal finance and the significance of making informed financial decisions.
Module 2: Economics: Understanding the World’s Pulse
- Topics Covered: Basics of supply and demand, global economic indicators, and how economies function.
- Learning Outcome: Students will gain insights into how economics influences global events and everyday life, fostering a better understanding of the world around them.
Module 3: Dive into Business Fundamentals
- Topics Covered: Business structures, understanding markets, and the role of innovation in business.
- Learning Outcome: Students will acquire foundational knowledge of how businesses operate and the importance of innovation in entrepreneurship.
Module 4: Investment Principles for the Young Investor
- Topics Covered: Basics of stock markets, bonds, mutual funds, and the principles of risk and reward.
- Learning Outcome: Students will understand the core concepts of investments, appreciating the potential of growing money over time.
Module 5: Entrepreneurship: Turning Ideas into Ventures
- Topics Covered: Idea generation, value proposition, business models, and crafting a compelling pitch.
- Learning Outcome: Armed with entrepreneurial tools, students will be inspired to transform their ideas into viable ventures.
Module 6: Ethical Financial Decisions and Social Responsibility
- Topics Covered: The role of ethics in finance and business, understanding corporate social responsibility, and sustainable business practices.
- Learning Outcome: Students will recognize the importance of ethical decision-making and the value of businesses that prioritize social and environmental responsibility.
Key Skills Students Will Develop:
- Budgeting and Money Management: Understanding and practicing effective strategies to manage, save, and spend money wisely.
- Investment Strategy Analysis: Evaluating potential investments based on risk, reward, and growth perspectives.
- Economic Analysis: Interpreting economic indicators and understanding their impact on global and local events.
- Business Model Formulation: Crafting viable business models and strategies for entrepreneurial ventures.
- Pitch Development: Learning to create and deliver compelling business pitches to potential stakeholders or investors.
- Collaborative Teamwork: Working effectively in diverse teams to achieve common financial or business objectives.
- Critical Financial Thinking: Analyzing financial situations or challenges and crafting informed solutions.
- Ethical Reasoning: Recognizing and navigating financial and entrepreneurial situations with ethical considerations at the forefront.
- Next Program Dates: TBD
- Location: Online (via Zoom)
- Schedule: TBD
- Fees: $
What are you waiting for?
Don’t miss out on shaping your financial future! Unlock vital skills and insights that will serve you for a lifetime. Secure your spot in our course today and invest in tomorrow’s success!
GAIN FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE
Since February, Lana Denina has earned over $300,000 from selling her art as NFTs, or nonfungible tokens, on various platforms. But only a month earlier, she just began learning what they are.
At the time, “I didn’t know anything about blockchain,” the 24-year-old tells CNBC Make It. She started looking into it, and “I was mind blown,” she says. “It was completely revolutionary.”
As a painter, Denina was instantly impressed with the technology and its ability to act as a vehicle for proof of ownership for artists, she says. “Traditional galleries are kind of like the old world,” since there isn’t much diversity, Denina says. “I never felt fully attracted to it, especially as a woman of color.”
Unlike traditional markets for art, NFTs and Web3 allows artists to create their own galleries and set their own prices online, Denina explains. Artists can also earn royalties on secondary sales of their work with NFTs. Denina herself earns 10%.
“I hope to inspire more creatives who look like me to step a foot into tech,” she says.
NYC Mayor-elect Eric Adams urges schools to teach crypto. Nov 8, 2021 (source: Yahoo! Finance)
Youth Global Leadership & Social Entrepreneurship
Teen Impact Accelerator’s Youth Global Leadership & Social Entrepreneurship Program is designed to empower teenagers with the skills, mentorship, and opportunities to develop their own social enterprise to address pressing global problems. It is a part-education and part-incubator program focused on launching real-world projects.Learn More
Digital Marketing & Branding with Virtual Internship
Digital Marketing & Branding with Virtual Internship combines a high-level strategic view of digital marketing and its challenges and opportunities, with a tactical approach using exercises and projects to learn and use the tools and techniques of digital marketers to empower HS students to take on a digital marketing and branding virtual intern role.Learn More